Yorktown Athletic Club
Parent and Coaches Code of Conduct:
“Youth Sports should be fun for players, coaches and parents”
The YAC believes that all of our children should be allowed to develop a love for each sport they participate in while also leaning the value of sportsmanship. With this in mind, the YAC firmly believes that all parents and coaches play an important role in our programs, and that young athletes learn valuable lessons by watching the behaviors and attitudes of the adults who supervise their activities. Conversely, the YAC also recognizes that sports are competitive by nature. Therefore, the YAC Executive Board pledge’s to create a positive learning experience where our children learn the importance of teamwork and good sportsmanship, while at the same time learn to play and respect the game.
The YAC Code of Conduct and the Practice Good Sportsmanship Policy are in place to help support our players, coaches and parents. The YAC Policies and Procedures for enforcing these codes of conduct can be found under YAC Policies and Procedures, on the yacsports.com Home Page.
Please make sure you read and adhere to the following YAC Code of Conduct Policy at all times.
Parent’s and Coaches Code of Conduct:
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for my child, and other children, participating in youth sports by following this Parents’ and Coaches’ Code of Conduct. I also understand that this is a “Zero Tolerance” policy.
1. I will have my child arrive on time for all games and practices and let the coach know in advance if my child will be absent, arriving late or leaving early.
2. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other youth sports event.
3. I will not engage in any type of physical or verbal abuse of any official, player, coach or spectator at any time.
4. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child, and other children, ahead of my personal desire to win, and keep in mind that the game is for our children - not for adults.
5. I will insist that my child, and other children, play in a safe and healthy environment.
6. I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
7. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free of drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
8. I will insist that my child treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect, regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
9. I understand, that in order for my child to be eligible for play, I must complete all required forms and applications, and pay the required membership and sport fees as per the YAC Registrar's direction.
10. I will contact the Sport Program Commissioner and report any type of physical or verbal abuse or non-fair play that I eyewitness.
11. Any concerns about how the league is run, how coaches are coaching or how referees are officiating should be referred to the Head Coach first, and if not satisfied, then to the Sport Commissioner.
13. Follow the 24 Hour Rule…. if you have a complaint resulting from a game (or practice) situation, speak with the coach on the following day.
I have read and understand this YAC Code of Conduct as described above. I am aware that any failure to abide by this Code of Conduct will subject myself (and my child) to suspension from all YAC sponsored activities. I agree that all decisions in these matters made by the YAC Board are final and binding.
In addition, I understand that failure to accept this Code of Conduct will make my child ineligible to participate in any YAC sponsored activity for the calendar year.